Hayward 400IDL heater died

ps0303 said:
Yes if you really want a Master Temp. Are these quotes from licensed installers? Have you considered other brands?

It seems that its my best choice in Vegas. No one seems to carry Raypack and I do not want another Hayward. The guy at NPS told me that they could get me a raypack but they were not really sure about the models/prices/etc. (He thought they were out of business)

All three quotes were from licensed installers (I'm pretty sure). One was a Local installer I was referred to by the normal company I use for pool repairs, NPS pool Store, and a pool builder.

What else should i consider?

Thanks!
Jeff

Another question for those of you in the know. Would it be crazy to try and replace the heater myself? Upgrading from a 400K BTU Hayward to a 400K BTU Pentair or Raypack? I'm very good with electricity not so much a fan of plumbing though...

Raypak is far from being out of business.

Sure you can install your own heater but read the fine print on the warranty. I know that Raypak and Pentair state in their warranty that in order for it be covered under their warranty, it HAS to be installed by a licensed professional.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.