Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pole for Pool Blaster Catfish Vacuum

1. Back To Top    #1

Pole for Pool Blaster Catfish Vacuum

I bought the vacuum on Walmart.com thinking it would fit the Intex pole that I already have and it doesn't. I need to find a pole that is slightly larger in diameter for it to slide over the built in cylinder on the vacuum. The Water Tech website who is the manufacturer of the Pool Blaster vacuum wants $35 for the pole which seems like a lot considering I paid $79 for the vacuum. I found a Hertitage brand one for $13, does anyone know if that one fits this vacuum? Swimline offers on for $25 but not sure on that one either? Thanks!
    Pool IG, 20'x30'x5', 15,000 gals, QuartzScapes NPT Tahoe Blue, Sundek Classic Texture, DE Hayward Pro-grid DE7220 , Pentair erosion auto CH, Main PMP Century 1.5hp , Polaris 280, booster PMP Century 3/4hp, Electronics PNL timer/light Pro Logic Model AQL2-SS-RF w/Remote CNTL

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pole for Pool Blaster Catfish Vacuum

Except fot the Intex poles (which you already found out) most pool poles are a universal size and the attachments are made to fit that size. I'd be comfortable that either of the poles you listed would work.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

We got one of the universal extender poles from Walmart. It was only a few dollars and we use it with almost everything including our Catfish vacuum.
    4,000 gal, Intex 14' x 4' AGP, Intex pump/filter, thru wall skimmer, Taylor test kit, Catfish vacuum

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the info!
    Pool IG, 20'x30'x5', 15,000 gals, QuartzScapes NPT Tahoe Blue, Sundek Classic Texture, DE Hayward Pro-grid DE7220 , Pentair erosion auto CH, Main PMP Century 1.5hp , Polaris 280, booster PMP Century 3/4hp, Electronics PNL timer/light Pro Logic Model AQL2-SS-RF w/Remote CNTL

5. Back To Top    #5

Hello, I'm a bit new here, but the catfish will only work with universal poles, the intex is not a universal sized pole.