First Time Pool Owner

Oct 15, 2013
DALLAS TEXAS
Hello everyone my nam is Andrew and I just bought a home with a in ground swimming pool. It is in imaculate shape and was inspected by a professional to prove it. I myself have never touched a chlorine puck and have no clue what the lingo is or what any of the levels are supposed to be. I just ordered the Taylor k-2006 and am wanting to use the BBB method on my pool and have no idea where to start????
Can one of the professionals please respond back and give me some info.DONT KNOW WHERE TO START..........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

"one of the professionals" ?!?!? Most of us are just homeowners like yourself that have realized that most of the local pool stores / "experts" really do not know what they are talking about in regards to pool chemistry and are more interested in making money. And thus we volunteer our time to help teach others ;)

John pointed you to a great resource in Pool School. It can be a little daunting, if you read at least the first few articles a few times, you will quickly know more about the chemistry and how to maintain your pool than 99% of the pool store employees.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

I would read the "Getting Started" articles in Pool School as the other Moderators have suggested.

After reading these articles, I would familiarize myself with Pool Math which is a web-based tool that will help you keep your swimming pool's water chemistry in balance and tell you how much of each chemical to add based on your test results. This tool will make more sense after reading the "Getting Started" articles in Pool School.

Welcome to TFP Andrew!

As advised, the best thing you can do is study the basics first. Get a handle on the ABC's and work it from there. Ask questions as you need too, we are glad to help. Good Luck and learn lots. :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.