Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Shark vac Robot

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Shark vac Robot

Anyone have any thoughts on the Hayward SharkVac robot? Good? Bad? Indifferent?

http://www.poolsupplyunlimited.com/best ... c9742/7924

I could care less if it climbs the walls, but doing a decent bottom job on leaves and acorns would be nice.

I would prefer a Dolphin since I understand they are less likely to break down in relatively short amount of time. At the moment though, I can't find one within my budget. Plus apparently, they have no warranty if purchased online, which in my opinion is just wrong and bad business sense. (I would have already bought one if not for the "no warranty" deal).

Decent reviews on Amazondotcom for this Hwayward but of course those were reviews of new ones.

Anyone have a SharkVac? I'm all about reliability. I want one that hopefully the wheels won't fall off, motor burn up or whatever else..at least within the first couple of seasons.

thanks,
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Hayward Shark vac Robot

I really like the Hayward SharkVac, for two main reasons. It's cheaper than the tigershark and it doesn't have that nasty bag to clean out. It uses easily rinsed filter elements. If someone offered me a free pool cleaner at no cost between SharkVac and Tiger Shark I would choose the SharkVac. I've sold a few and haven't had any break down yet. It does climb walls btw.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hayward Shark vac Robot

Quote Originally Posted by X-PertPool
    I really like the Hayward SharkVac, for two main reasons. It's cheaper than the tigershark and it doesn't have that nasty bag to clean out. It uses easily rinsed filter elements. If someone offered me a free pool cleaner at no cost between SharkVac and Tiger Shark I would choose the SharkVac. I've sold a few and haven't had any break down yet. It does climb walls btw.

Thanks for your input Kevin, that makes me feel a bit more comfy about this cleaner! Especially coming from someone in the business!

So far, so good!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!