Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Had a great swim season! THANK YOU TFP!!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

NW FL

Had a great swim season! THANK YOU TFP!!!!

Well, not be anti-social or anything, but we had kind of a wacky summer.. so haven't been here in forever...when we finally got re-oriented and it stopped raining, I was in the pool every day I could. Thanks everyone!!! tried to take some pix and hopefully will get them posted later. sad news is, finally had to take it down (((( last weekend..... too bad as it was helping w back problems.

I had good luck with the piddly cartridge filter... and yes, with a good filter, and running 12-18 hrs a day, and staying on top of the TC/FC and CYA, and proper test kit, you can make it work!!! even tho' most say you can't.... and even so....

I want to buy the same pool again and need advice on a sand filter, I just think it would be easier upkeep than washing filters everyday, which I did. So will post under that section...

just want to say thanks again for a great swim season!!!! all you lucky dogs with a year-round pool, enjoy!!!!
    ~6500 gal 18' x 52" easy set agp, 7th year
    Intex 2650 sand filter, chlorine
    TF100 Test Kit
    Becoming a TFP lifetime supporter and purchasing the TF100 is absolutely the best money I have ever spent! :-D

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Had a great swim season! THANK YOU TFP!!!!

The thanks goes to you for reading and following the advice correctly.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    DFW, Texas

Liberating to be in control, isn't it?
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

4. Back To Top    #4

Congratulations on getting it right.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr