Ocean Blue vs. Prism Blue

BBODD

Aug 21, 2013
Hi All,
We are in the process of building our pool and are at the point where we HAVE to pick the Pebble Sheen color. Our pool is freeform with a long moss rock wall (waterfall) across the back. We are going for a very natural feel and want a fairly dark blue water. I have been set on Ocean Blue based on a few photos I've been able to find, but my PB is really trying to sway us to Prism Blue. He thinks we will not be happy with how dark the Ocean Blue will be. I can't tell if he is really concerned about what we will like, or if he has some type of incentive to sell the Prism Blue :roll:

So......can anyone please share any pictures of their Ocean Blue pool and/or advise if and how they like it? Note, our pool will be in direct sunlight for most of the day (hardly any shadows).

Sorry, I can't comment on those from experience but wanted to say welcome to the forum.

Also, I agree with your PB, but I am in the camp of lighter colors. The Ocean Blue will be really dark but if that is what you want, then get it. I don't think he has any motivation except to make you happy.

No direct experience but I would encourage you to go for your color. I think the darker will be great in an open, sunny area. Gorgeous in fact from the pics I could see online. We have gray plaster in a full sun environment and wouldn't have minded it being twice as dark.

Just make sure you have good lighting and it will be fine in my opinion.

Picture of Prism Blue. Ours also has "sparkles" that pick up the sun very nicely.

We studied many and liked this one the best

[attachment=0:ac44etaj]042.jpg[/attachment:ac44etaj]

Attachments

• 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 499
Sorry for the delay - 7 foot deep at the Grotto, about 4 feet at the hot tub, and 3 at the table which is just to the right. Not very good for sports since I always get stuck on the deep end, but the extra depth for jumping into is nice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.