Help with cloudy water

wasilm

Oct 15, 2013
Split by moderator from HERE. Please start a new thread to get help for your questions. Thanks, jblizzle

Your story is my story. Bought the house with an IG, concrete, 20k gallon pool. Did the Yellow out and shock that worked like a charm. Heavy rain came and turned the water into a green mess. Yellow out did not work the second time around. The first time I had the water tested is was off in so many ways. I got it within specs. Now the water is cloudy green but I don't see algae growing anywhere. I added super floc and have been waiting for whatever is making the water cloudy to settle to the bottom but nothing is happening.

Please, if you bring your water to crystal blue condition, share it here and I will do the same. :brickwall:

CYA 60
FC 4
PH 7.6

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Generally there is no need for yellow out / algaecides / flocs / clarifiers / etc. All you need is liquid chlorine to kill anything in the water and your filter will remove it from the water. Often the above listed chemicals/short cuts end up causing more problems.

The only reason your pool will go green is due to a lack of adequate FC which is a function of your stabilizer level. See this chart: pool-school/chlorine_cya_chart_shock
For you CYA of 60ppm, the minimum you FC should EVER be is 5ppm or algae can start. And when you are trying to clear the pool, you need to follow the SLAM process with a FC level of 24ppm ... this is guaranteed to clear up your pool. [slam:3guwu463][/slam:3guwu463]

Please add your pool details to your signature and location to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.