Maytronics M5 filters

jtech1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2009
I have been using my M5 since July... it came with two types of filters. Smooth and pleated. I had assumed the pleated was the "spring" leaf clean-up filter and the smooth was the fine filter for normal use... but the instruction book pictures (VERY POOR) seem to show the smooth filter as the spring leaf filter and the pleated as the general use summer filter. It is not described anywhere in normal words in the document. Can someone tell me which is which?

I have the Dolphin premier with (I believe) identical screens. My opinion is the pleated ones are for finer filtration and the smooth screen mesh allows coarser objects to pass.

The documentation stinks.

In the beginning of the M5 manual it has pictures in "Description of the Main Components". The ultra fine filter is the pleated one. The mesh one is for spring clean up. They also state that the "net" one is for spring cleanup in this section.

I saw that picture... and it does appear that the pleated is listed under ultra fine... but I did not want to trust a drawing... is a "net" filter a whole third type you can get or another name for one of these first two?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.