Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Maytronics M5 filters

1. Back To Top    #1

Maytronics M5 filters

I have been using my M5 since July... it came with two types of filters. Smooth and pleated. I had assumed the pleated was the "spring" leaf clean-up filter and the smooth was the fine filter for normal use... but the instruction book pictures (VERY POOR) seem to show the smooth filter as the spring leaf filter and the pleated as the general use summer filter. It is not described anywhere in normal words in the document. Can someone tell me which is which?
    32K gal, gunite, French Gray DB, IntelliFlo VF, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo, Quad DE 100 filter, IntelliTouch, IC-60 SWG, IntelliChem, Dolphin M5

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Maytronics M5 filters

I have the Dolphin premier with (I believe) identical screens. My opinion is the pleated ones are for finer filtration and the smooth screen mesh allows coarser objects to pass.

The documentation stinks.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the beginning of the M5 manual it has pictures in "Description of the Main Components". The ultra fine filter is the pleated one. The mesh one is for spring clean up. They also state that the "net" one is for spring cleanup in this section.
    17x37 IG vinyl, Grecian style, 20k gal, Hayward DE4800, Hayward Super Pump II 1 hp, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator, 6 Vortex 4x10 solar panels, Aquabot Turbo, Dolphin M5, loop-loc mesh cover

4. Back To Top    #4

I saw that picture... and it does appear that the pleated is listed under ultra fine... but I did not want to trust a drawing... is a "net" filter a whole third type you can get or another name for one of these first two?
    32K gal, gunite, French Gray DB, IntelliFlo VF, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo, Quad DE 100 filter, IntelliTouch, IC-60 SWG, IntelliChem, Dolphin M5

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

net = mesh. It's the same one.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

This may help.
    [attachment=0:2m5zyxgt]filter.jpg[/attachment:2m5zyxgt]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    17x37 IG vinyl, Grecian style, 20k gal, Hayward DE4800, Hayward Super Pump II 1 hp, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator, 6 Vortex 4x10 solar panels, Aquabot Turbo, Dolphin M5, loop-loc mesh cover

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes. Thanks! Much better than the 32x32 b/w icon in the manual!

Is there a good INet source for replacements?

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by jtech1
    Is there a good INet source for replacements?
    I don't know of any particular good sources. Just google "Maytronics 9991432" and you will get a bunch of hits.

9. Back To Top    #9

It's amazing how much effort went into designing and building the excellent line of Dolphin robots and how little effort went into writing the ridiculous instruction manual.
    Lagoon 40x22, Vinyl, 27,000 gal, 1HP WhisperFlo Pump, Pentair 60 gpm Sand filter, Hayward Brominator (used for chlorine pucks only when away), Rheem gas heater, Dolphin M4 Robot
    Waterfall on separate dedicated pump