LED Replacement Light

Feb 17, 2013
I have a 5 year old in-ground pebble tech pool with a spa LED light and pool LED light (both were 120 volt). THe equipment is Jandy (handheld & electronics, pump and filter) except for the skimmer and LED lights which are Hayward. The pool light died and after much discussion with local pool stores and Hayward Help line I bought a new universal 12 volt LED light. I pulled the 100 foot cord through the J-Box split the conduit at the J-box to run the wire in it's own low voltage conduit back to the Jandy control box and mounted the transformer to the side of it and wired as needed. A lot of work but it's done.

The problem is the niche that the new light is going into. There is supposed to be a U shaped clip at the bottom for a clip on the new light to attach to but there is not. The old light had a thick wedge the went in between two raised groves in the niche and may have locked behind a tab and was secured at the top by one screw. Hayward was no help and neither is the builder in trying to determine what brand of niche is in there and how do I attach the new light. Hayward says there are some adapters but they didn't know where to get them or even what to ask for. Any ideas? The only thing I could come up with is to take the old ring from the old light, cut it to get it over the cord/light, mount the new light to it with the screw holes aligned (to overcome the cut I would have to put in the ring), and attach it back in the niche. I keep thinking there has to be a "right" way to do this, and this is not sounding like it!

HELP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.