Review of my Pool Rover Jr.-BIG thumbs up.

Jan 31, 2013
I have a 30 x 15 AGP, oval in shape which is at a weekend home, and nobody takes care of the pool during the week.

I leave the pool each Sunday with a mesh cover over it but that doesn't mean small stuff doesn't still get through and fall to the bottom.
My routine when we get there on Friday nights is to pull the mesh cover, throw in the Pool Rover Jr., make sure the liquidator has bleach in it, pour a drink, enjoy the sunset with kids and wife...then go to sleep. I pull it out in the morning when I get up, clean the filter and put it away until the next week.

I am amazed at how wonderfully it works. A few tips: 1) learn how he cord coils and and give it a few wraps in the opposite direction its about to twist before you put it in. It will help as it gets to the end of the cycle. 2) Once you mount a set of wheels to turn in a certain direction, don't change it. This way you wont get confused as to which way the cord will twist. 3) If you have an oval pool, put the Rover in at one end and let it get started going straight and vacuuming the long end first.

With these tips, I assure you, for the money you can pick one of these up for on the net...you cant beat it! BTW-I have zero affiliation, its just that I read mixed reviews when i bought it but because I could return it I decided to give it a try.

I also have a jr and its awesome. Two years as our only vacuum. The intex vacuum was so frustrating I threw it off the bluff. The rover is great. Well be using it on the new 24' pool this weekend to clean it after its filled and it will also help mix the closing chems since we're not hooking up the filter this year. Worth every cent!

I toss it in before work, it runs and then stops on its own. I fish it out when I get home and were ready to go!

I too love this product. Put it in Saturday morning before the kids are ready to swim and another hour later it's done. My only problem is I need to replace the debris bag. They seem a little expensive. I've seen them for about $40. Has anyone found them cheaper?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.