Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I goofed up big... White milky water...

1. Back To Top    #1

I goofed up big... White milky water...

OK. As I said in my other post; I'm a new pool owner, living in Argentina.... and I screwed up
    For a reminder I have an in ground pool. It's about 13,472 gallons. Mossaic Venetian Glass Tile finishing
    I have a high PH problem so I've been using Muriatic Acid. I decided to try using Dry Acid, that I used once before.
    But this time I really screwed up. I dumped it in the skimmer, and had the filter on. I immediately started seeing the returns injecting milky white water into the pool. After it completely got milky and stopped shooting out milky white water, I backwashed. But now I have a milky white water pool!
    I want to punch myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Alright in Argentina, I can't get a good test kit, until I travel to the States. I can only do the traditional Chlorine and PH tests with drops... I have a PH 7,5 and Chlorine 2...
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What can I do? Last night I added clarifier, and this morning it's even more white and milky the water...

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: I goofed up big... White milky water...

About all you can do is keep running the pump 24/7. If you are getting sediment on the bottom, brush the pool to keep it in suspension so the filter can clear it.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: I goofed up big... White milky water...

This is why I never suggest putting in a floc/coagulant "clarifier" until you know what it will do. It might not hurt to let the pump.stay off, then see if it settles and then try to vac it up. May not work, but it is an option if filtering doesn't work.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr