Buy/sell a hot tub (spa) to decide about including a spa for

Theep

Aug 30, 2013
Tucson
I don't have much experience with hot tubs or pools. I'm planning on installing an IG pool (mostly for my kids) either this spring or next spring depending on money. I can see a lot of benefits about including a spa when I build the pool; however, not having one before, I'm not sure if it's worth the extra cost.

So my question is, would it be a smart thing to buy a used hot tub that I learn on and get used to how it works and how much I use it and then sell it? Then, I'll know how much it gets used to decide if it's worth the approximately 10K for an IG spa.

I understand that an old hot tub, especially an inexpensive hot tub, will have a lot more problems and require much more maintenance than a new one. However, I consider that a good thing, because I will learn a lot that I will need in the future.

Recommendations, suggestions, and especially warnings, would be appreciated.

Re: Buy/sell a hot tub (spa) to decide about including a spa

I wouldn't waste the time effort or money. A used one may likely have problems, it will be hassle to set up, and very likely hard to get rid of. And you will treat it differently chemically than an incorporated spill over spa in your pool. I don't know how much people enjoy their spas as a whole, but I think it is hit and miss. Some love them, some don't use them much after a year or two. Sorry to be of little help, but I am with the not crowd. We are about to build a pool and decided no, because we don't think we will use it enough in the long run. I may take a beating for saying it, but I think they are more trendy than anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.