Jandy vs Pentair temperature sensor

Sep 12, 2013
Simi Valley, CA
Hi,

I'm almost done putting together my automation components. The only thing missing is the temperature sensor. I'm going to be using an aqualink rs8 to control my pool & spa. So, my questions are as follows:

I've heard that you can use Pentair sensor instead of a jandy one with the RS controller, can anyone confirm if that's true? Pentair appears to be about half the cost of Jandy...

Why does aqualink require 2 sensors? I understand that one is water & the other is air, but why do we care about air temp?

Thanks!

What Dave said may be true, depending on use I have noted that some pool equipment uses 10K NTC 4% per degree C thermistor, and others use 10K NTC 4.4% per degree C thermistors. Since both of these types is referenced to 10K ohms at 77 degrees F they will read very close at typical swim temperature range (often within their stated manufacturing tolerances), however when being used for the freeze detection role, they will be about 4 or 5 degrees F off when measuring temperatures in the mid 30's.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.