Chemicals pretty muchbalance but a slight green tint remains

Oct 11, 2013
My pool pump was off for about a week due to a broken breaker. We continued to add chlorine so the pool wouldn't turn green. It started to turn a little bit just before the guys came out to fix the breaker. I went to the pool supply store today and had a sample tested. Chlorine was a little high and alkalinity a little low. We added the alkaline, brushed everything down, and vacuumed. The pool is clear but the water has a slight green tint. How do we get rid of that or will it go away on its own?

Re: Chemicals pretty muchbalance but a slight green tint rem

What does it mean to SLAM the pool? Sorry I'm still quite new. Pool owner for 6 months and this is the first time I've had any sign of green.

Re: Chemicals pretty muchbalance but a slight green tint rem

No problem Camo...none of us were born knowing this stuff. You can find SLAM in Pool School, but the short answer of what it means is to raise your free chlorine to a very high level, and keep it at that high level until you kill all the Algae in your pool. This is the only effective way to do that, otherwise Algae always comes back. It varies in the amount of time from pool to pool depending on conditions, but that is it in a nutshell. SHOCK LEVEL AND MAINTAIN, is what it stands for. Read that, but also check out the ABC's of pool chemistry. It really is essential to understand these things, and it isn't difficult at all to grasp. Get an understanding of that, and work it from there. Ask questions as you need too, we love to help others learn. You can click the links in my sig line for the above mentioned info.

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.