Need help with new spa setup

miller9951

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 23, 2008
Indiantown, FL
We have a new SWG spa that is 312 gallons. We are new to the SWG spa our last spa was a bromine spa. It has been setup and running for about a month now. The water is cloudy. Here are my water sample readings from a Taylor K-2006C kit. The spa is always covered and not used very much.

FC .5
PH 9.0 +
TA 220.0
CYA 0

We have been adding about 3 ounces of muriatic acid every other day to try and get the PH and TA down but neither of them seem to dropping. Any ideas of what I can do to get this spa clear? What goals should I be looking to achieve for this new spa?

How are you measuring ph? 9 is really high. We don't recommend letting ph get above 8. Also your TA is very high so you need to lower that. I would do the aeration process to get TA down. My guess is that your swg is scaled. Can you see if there is scale on the plates? If there is you need to follow manufacturers acid cleaning process.

Next, your cya is very low and will make it difficult to regulate your FC level. Your really want to get cya to 20-30 ppm which will moderate your chlorine strength in the tub.

What kit are you using for test results?

What is the CH level?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.