Opinions/Advice on refinishing

stslimited84

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2011
North East
Hi all,

As it turns out the pool needs to be refinished. It was completely re-plastered about 3 years ago (prior to us purchasing the house) and it appears as tho the finish is shot. There is one plaster pop in the shallow end which I previously posted about and I can feel several more forming. The prices I have received to re-plaster are in the 5-6k range. I've also had a rough estimate given for putting a liner in the pool which would come in around 5k.

What are the pros/cons for each? Mainly I'm looking for DURABILITY. I don't want to be messing with this again in a few years. We aren't overflowing in cash money and this is something that I don't want to keep dealing with.

Thank you

Don't go back with the same company for sure, and do not go back with straight plaster. Your plaster should have lasted longer than 3 years but it was likely installed poorly. Either that, or you have had some really bad water chemistry. Even if so, I would still bet you had a bad installation.

Go with a good quartz finish at minimum. Based on your comments about budget, pebble may be out of your range, but a quartz finish will last a very long time. CLI, Wet Edge, and National Pool Tile all offer very good quartz products.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.