The best energy eficient small pump

Rtaule

Oct 12, 2013
I have a small 1,800 galons spa with a water feature that is only turn on when needed. Sand filter that reads 31.5 usgpm and about 30 feet of head to the pump.
Energy cost here are us$0.26 per kw
Please advice.
Thanks for the advice
Ricardo

Welcome to tfp, Rtaule :wave:

Do you have a pump currently? If yes, what model and why do you want to replace it?

For use to recommend a pump we will need to know more details, for example, how many and what diameter are the spa jets.

Thanks for the help.

Who did the spa i dont think knew much and installed a 2 hp pump wich draws 11.5 amps :hammer

The spa has 7 3/8" jets.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Best regards :cheers:

Ricardo

You don't want to downsize a spa pump or the jets will get much weaker. A 3/8" jets requires 15 GPM each in order to feel moderately strong. So the pump needs to produce at least 105 GPM which only a 2 HP or larger pump can do.

But you really should not need much in the way of run time per day for such a small amount of water. The spa will turnover in less than 20 minutes so I doubt you need more than that per day. How much are you running the spa per day?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.