Pool renovation question

Oct 12, 2013
Hi,

I am new to this forum. Bought a house last year with an in ground pool and have had one problem after another with the 20+ year old liner and piping. I was also told by a neighbor that the pool was drained a few years ago on this old liner and that the same liner was reset! Talk about being cheap!

Anyway, I knew I was going to need to replace the liner when buying the house but thought I'd be able to hold off for a few years... After I kept patching leaks all summer, finally I had enough when a huge patch ripped off near the main drain and lost thousands of gallons. I decided its time to replace the liner, which is now floating between a layer of water behind the liner. The pool is about half empty right now and the liner is being replaced on oct 23 by professionals. I decided to also redo the concrete decking around the pool, which I am hiring a landscaper to break up and remove and replace with pavers.

The order I plan on doing this is:

1)Landscaper coming on Monday to break up and remove concrete.
2)pool company pressure testing lines and replacing where necessary.
3)pool company replacing liner and new coping.
4)landscaper coming back to install pavers etc.

Is this the recommended and appropriate order to do things?

My question is, if the landscaper comes Monday and rips up the existing concrete while the pool is half empty, will there be any risk of damaging the pool walls or structure? Should I begin filling in the pool with water in preparation for Monday even though the water will likely be leaking out?

The pool company has the ability to pump my water out and save it, so I'm wondering if it would be smart to fill it up again. This would be a no brainer if the pool company was coming sooner, but since its a week and a half out, I'm not sure what to do.

Sorry for rambling but since I was new here I figured I'd give a brief introduction of my situation.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The order you have things planned is what I would recommend. I wouldn't fill the pool up. Just dont let them remove decking with a skidsteer within about 3 feet of the pool. Don't put any equipment close to the pool even if it was full of water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.