Rockstead

Sep 2, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I'm looking for opinions which is the better solution for holding down an in-ground winter cover, I know other people use DiY soilutions, but I'm not that guy.

The guy at the store tells me he recommends tubes because the people that don't like them are the ones that put too much water in them so that they over expand when they freeze and don't last more than a season or two but if only filled 1/2 to 3/4, they should last for many many seasons.

He aslo recommended the singles vs the doubles because they are the same width, less hassle to fill.

He said Aquablocks are only needed if you have animals that rip your tubes, I personally read many reviews that said they worked great, people loved how easily they stored away and neatly stacked but the number one complaint was how the covers of the aquablock would blow off, I'm not sure if this has been resolved in newer models.

I'm open to spending more money if it means they will last longer and worked better.

What do you guys recommend?

Re: Water Tubes vs Aqua Blocks - what's best for in-ground c

Rockstead said:
He aslo recommended the singles vs the doubles because they are the same width, less hassle to fill.
If you do go with water tubes, I would recommend doubles for two reasons:

1) Singles can tend to roll.
2) If a single gets a hole, and leaks, you will have an open section with no weight. However, a double would still have one good tube to hold the cover down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.