chip in plaster

Oct 12, 2013
He everyone, I live in Texas- where a pool should be required.. We just constructed and filled our pool yesterday. We had "pool school" and were taught about chemicals and brushing the pool. I brushed the pool yesterday and went for my first dip. I noticed a black spot (small rock size) on the bottom step. Our pool in 3-6 feet, with 3 steps to enter.. When I touched it, it felt like an acorn and parts of it started peeling off like in layers. Now, there is a penny size "hole" where that foreign object was. I called the builder and they are going to look at it today. We chose a colored blue plaster and everywhere I have been reading says the undrwater plaster in white.. It is a 15000 gallon pool and really don't want to drain all that water. If it comes to that it there a way to reuse the water? Not to mention, I will have to find a way to redirect any water pumped out away from my neighbors, since I am on the top of a hill and the HOA will go crazy if that water kills the neighbors yards. Any suggestions, so I can be well prepped before the builder comes out today..

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

I know this is post is a few weeks old and no one answered it, but wanted to encourage you to continue to post and ask questions. Not every question gets an answer, but we should have at least welcomed you to the forum.

For everyone else's benefit, what did the builder say about the problem?

I am new to TFP and certainly to this particular forum. I have a similar problem and am in Texas also. Mine does not appear to be a crack, but rather a parting of the plaster. The pool was built in 2012, so it is just about 2 years old and I have been the owner just a couple months. Chemistry appears within specs for a salt pool. I have a photo, I just have to get it from my iPad to my computer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.