Storing old pucks

chessie6

LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2010
East Hartford, Connecticut
Hi, I have some old pucks that are really so old that the plastic jug they are in has deteriorated and cracked. The pucks themselves look decent and I'm still slowly using them each season to replenish the stabilizer lost over the winter. I happen to have a nearly empty pail of cal-hypo and was wondering if I can just put the pucks in there to store for the winter, or is this ill advised? The pail is still in great shape.

As always, thank you for your help,
Jan

Tabs should never be stored in the same container with any other chemical, especially calcium hypochlorite. If the plastic container is empty, cleaned out, and dried, then it would be OK to store the tabs in the bucket.

The bucket would have to be properly labeled and secured to make sure that no one accidentally adds any other chemical to the bucket. For example, they might have some other calcium hypochlorite and they might think it's OK to combine it with what's in the bucket. That would cause a big problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.