Is your pool still open?

Isaac-1

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2010
SW Louisiana
Things are slowing down around here so I thought I would ask;

So who still has their pools open? Mine is still up and going thanks to the solar panels I installed this spring, just not getting as much use as it should, maybe there will be time this weekend to get some use out of it, we are also planning a Halloween movie night in the pool. Any thoughts on good semi scary pool movies? (not sure who is going to be there, so maybe semi kid friendly ones)

Ike

Still open and 90 degrees with solar on and pool cover. We typically swim till end of November and reopen the first week in Feburary. :cheers: :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Brentr said:
Still open and 90 degrees with solar on and pool cover. We typically swim till end of November and reopen the first week in Feburary. :cheers: :cheers:
You suck! :mrgreen:

Mine is probably about 60 degrees right now, I will be closing it up this weekend. If it wasn't for home improvement projects I would get a hot tub!

Mine's still open (actually "open" year-round). Still swimming as of now, although water just went below the 70°F mark. Haven't made any concerted effort to heat it since that is a losing battle in the fall. I'll still get in and do my laps until the water drops a few more degrees before calling it a season.

We've been closed since 2nd week of September because I got sick n Hubby was going in for brain surgery which went well.

A good Halloween movie for kids (not sure of their ages but love this movie because it's fun) is Hocus Pocus with Bette Midler.

It looks like we may be going with one of the flops of last summer for the movie (R.I.P.D.) which was just released this week, pool still staying warm with solar heat, highs in the 70's lows in the 40's most of this week. Not scary, but has a ghost sort of theme, we previewed it last night and it seems to meet the basic criteria we have established for pool movies, which primarily is no need to closely follow the plot.

Durk said:
Finally got down to 60°F. Closing this weekend before the leaves really come down.

Yea same here that hot stint we got early this month warmed the pool up close to 10 degrees. Though I kinda of have the pool half open, hasn't been winterized, but put the mesh cover on sometime in late Sept (got tired of wrestling with leaves).

I always enjoyed Pumpkin Head I saw it when I was younger and it didn't do that much harm, guess it depends on the age of the kids though.

Although my pool remains open, the 2013 swim season is probably over or at least on its last legs. Water has hit the 65°F mark which is about my limit for any extended swimming.

Casey said:
A good Halloween movie for kids (not sure of their ages but love this movie because it's fun) is Hocus Pocus with Bette Midler.
This has indeed become a modern-day Halloween classic. You NCIS fans out there may recognize a very young Tim McGee (Sean Murray) playing the role of Thackery Binx. His character (a teenage farmer living in 1690's Salem Mass.) appears at the beginning and end of the movie.

We never close our pool but the temps are now in the high 70's, a tad too chilly for us here in New Orleans.

As far as kid friendly Halloween movies try Disney's adaption of Ray Bradbury's "Something Wicked This Way Comes". It may be too scary for really small kids but it is a classic.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.