Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is your pool still open?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is your pool still open?

Things are slowing down around here so I thought I would ask;

So who still has their pools open? Mine is still up and going thanks to the solar panels I installed this spring, just not getting as much use as it should, maybe there will be time this weekend to get some use out of it, we are also planning a Halloween movie night in the pool. Any thoughts on good semi scary pool movies? (not sure who is going to be there, so maybe semi kid friendly ones)

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is your pool still open?

Ha Halloween in the pool sounds sweet. My pool is still open 81 degrees with no heater. I am installing a solar system as soon as it gets here lol so hopefully we will be using the pool year round.
    Nathan
    15x30 gunite 18k gallons Hayward star clear plus 120sqft cart

3. Back To Top    #3

My pool is warmer in October than a pool in Florida! Solar heat, a solar cover and a warm sunny fall will do wonders.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

Close? What is that? My kids have been in the pool in December. No scary movies, but there is a weekend where they have a Halloween weekend on the golf course.. Lots of scary golfers after dark. With glow in the dark golf balls.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

5. Back To Top    #5

Good scary Kid Movies would be any of the 3 or 4 "Paranormal Activiy" Movies. These movies are not gory and just give you the "jump and shock" value.

Sounds like a great time! Halloween happens to be my Birthday!

Have Fun
    2014, IG 20,000 gl 18x34 Vinyl Liner / Waterfall / SWG / Sand Filter /
    Dolphin M4 Robot / TF-100 Test Kit is used / Beer is consumed /
    *Stamped Concrete Decking*

6. Back To Top    #6

Still open and 90 degrees with solar on and pool cover. We typically swim till end of November and reopen the first week in Feburary.
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

7. Back To Top    #7

Yep, still open here, but coming down starting this weekend.

Too cold to swim in now, but I have to make ready for my new cement pond.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

8. Back To Top    #8

Nice BrushPup cant wait to see your build
    Nathan
    15x30 gunite 18k gallons Hayward star clear plus 120sqft cart

9. Back To Top    #9

Nope. Live in Michigan.
    16 x 28 Doughboy Mystic Garden AGP with 7' deep end (used expandable vinyl liner) ~11,800 gals. Deep end main drain. Thru-the-wall skimmer, one return at deep end. Media Master 150# sand filter. Doughboy PowerPak II pump, 1 hp. Pentair MinimaxCH 150m natural gas heater. Polaris 65 when it feels like working . TF-100 test kit. No longer 'pool stored' 5 years and counting. In sunny but fickle metro-Detroit.

10. Back To Top    #10

Temps consistently in the 30's at night now...winter cover is on
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

11. Back To Top    #11

Yep

Still open and swimming every day well paddling anyway.
    Living in Cyprus
    In ground overflow pool tiled 12m X 4m 19507 Us gals 16243 Imp gals
    1 Kw motor 15 cu m per min Sand filter
    I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel but it was just some PERSON with a torch walking toward me.
    I started out in life with nothing and I still have most of it left.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Brentr
    Still open and 90 degrees with solar on and pool cover. We typically swim till end of November and reopen the first week in Feburary.
    You suck!

Mine is probably about 60 degrees right now, I will be closing it up this weekend. If it wasn't for home improvement projects I would get a hot tub!
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]