stains left after algae treatment

Oct 11, 2013
I have been fighting algae for a while now. I have finally gotten the water clear but where there were piles of brown dead algae or metal or whatever it was I now have these small brown rings that won't brush off. . Help please! ! All chemical levels are right according to leslies.

Attachments

• 13815186733180.jpg
    13815186733180.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 13815187030441.jpg
    13815187030441.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 59
Welcome to the forum. :wave:.

They are surely organic stains that will slowly be removed by somewhat elevated chlorine. AS you read more on the forums, you will find we absolutely do not have any trust in pool store testing but post the numbers they gave you for now and it will be a starting point.

Consider doing your own high quality testing and say goodbye to the often incorrect advice you will get at most pool stores.

Keep reading the forum and you will find thousands of examples.

Welcome to "Pool Nirvana", I mean... TFP! :mrgreen:
:wave:

Yes, please post all the numbers, as I'm curious to see what your CYA levels are.
Also, if you can, a bit of a rundown as to your algae fight story and how the pool store treated it.

On a personal note, more pictures of the pool itself would sure be neato! :cool:
Uploading them to Picasa/Flickr/Photo Bucket and posting a link would be best, or insert the image url using the "Img" tag in the full editor. Higher quality being the main reason. There's a how-to here: how-to-add-pictures-to-a-post-full-guide-with-screenshots-t45050.html

I agree with the others. With proper chlorination, they will go away fairly quickly. But, you need a test kit of your own in order to take care of things correctly. I would suggest a TF-100 or a Taylor K-2006 from tftestkits.net.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.