Polaris 280 RPM adjustment

Jun 14, 2013
Austin, TX
Hi - I tried the blue disk and my RPM was around 16. With the red disk it's around 24 (still below 28) and it gets stuck frequently. With no disk the water pressure is way too high! The instructions on the Polaris website say to " Make sure that the hose weight adjustment nut is screwed down correctly." But there is nothing in the instructions that says what/where this is. Anyone know where this is or have other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Is your booster pump properly plumbed in? Sounds like not enough water pressure. I used the blue disc that was in the fitting out of the box, and my RPM was spot on with about 28-29rpm.

I have the same unit too.

I just bought one to replace my Pentair Platinum Legend. I was not using a restrictor with the Legend (7 yrs old - forgot why, maybe I was trying to flog the aging Legend!)

28 RPM of the sweep's wheels? Yes?

Noticed the unit does not have a debris valve to keep debris from falling back out of bag -- not necessary?

Yes I added on to a 2 yr old post.

Hopefully that's OK!

Bob

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.