Ideas for landscape/ decking/ patio area - with pictures

I had a sunken above ground pool installed and I’m looking for ideas. It is about 6” out of ground side closest to house, and 12” at far end of pool. PB told me not to put concrete up to it, so looking for an alternative. Either deck or patio stones. PB encouraged river rock for someone like me on a budget, but it’s a pain to walk on.
The pool is fenced in, and there is a grassed area about 22’ x 12’ (where loungers will go). There is already a concrete patio next to house that will have a bar next to a gate (bar will be used to block access into pool area).
Should I do a wood deck in the grassed area, how far around pool should deck extend?
Or should I do a path of patio stones (surrounded by river rock) and a patio stone area next to concrete patio?
I will be putting a shed at the far end of pool, so will need some kind of ground cover there too.

I’m on a very tight budget, so hiring someone to do a paver deck all the way around is out. Also the height out of ground wouldn’t work for that without steps.

Anyone have ideas?

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    246.6 KB · Views: 238
I'd wood deck it to just under the top rail. You don't have to it all at once either. Add on as budget allows------just be sure and design it to be added on to begin with. Don't ask me how I know this! A walkway from patio to pool would be my first deal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.