Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ideas for landscape/ decking/ patio area - with pictures

1. Back To Top    #1

Ideas for landscape/ decking/ patio area - with pictures

I had a sunken above ground pool installed and Im looking for ideas. It is about 6 out of ground side closest to house, and 12 at far end of pool. PB told me not to put concrete up to it, so looking for an alternative. Either deck or patio stones. PB encouraged river rock for someone like me on a budget, but its a pain to walk on.
    The pool is fenced in, and there is a grassed area about 22 x 12 (where loungers will go). There is already a concrete patio next to house that will have a bar next to a gate (bar will be used to block access into pool area).
    Should I do a wood deck in the grassed area, how far around pool should deck extend?
    Or should I do a path of patio stones (surrounded by river rock) and a patio stone area next to concrete patio?
    I will be putting a shed at the far end of pool, so will need some kind of ground cover there too.

Im on a very tight budget, so hiring someone to do a paver deck all the way around is out. Also the height out of ground wouldnt work for that without steps.

Anyone have ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif 1.gif (246.6 KB, 234 views)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ideas for landscape/ decking/ patio area - with pictures

More pics, was having trouble adding them..
    • File Type: gif 2.gif (269.9 KB, 231 views)
    • File Type: gif 3.gif (264.4 KB, 231 views)

3. Back To Top    #3

I would do a wood deck around the pool...that would be easy to do and would be easy on the feet getting in and out of the pool...

4. Back To Top    #4

I'd wood deck it to just under the top rail. You don't have to it all at once either. Add on as budget allows------just be sure and design it to be added on to begin with. Don't ask me how I know this! A walkway from patio to pool would be my first deal.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

In the Industry

I had an onground installed 8 years ago, and I did all the deck with red western cedar and glad to say its still perfect. Takes some time, but with proper placement of supports you can get it done very easy.