New 24x40 mountain pond IG install in NH

steveg_nh

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 7, 2013
Southern NH
We started our pool about 3 weeks ago, and it was done in 2. Very happy with the quality of the install.

We've been running it with a temp fence for a little over a week to make sure all is ok before the cover goes on and we winterize. We'll do the deck (pavers) and fence in the spring. My builder did an excellent job in my opinion. I'm a very tough customer, and he hung with me and answered all my questions and did everything he said. And we opted for the bench seat in the middle of the pool, which I think will be a very nice place to hang out in the summer!

The only thing I caved on (not what I originally wanted) was his use of a little bit of flex pipe around the curved side of the pool and for the main drains. But he explained the challenges of the hard pipe in these two situations with a non rectangle pool. He tries to keep the use of 90 degree angles to a minimum. I agreed. He was willing to do the rigid if I wanted, but I trusted him. He's built numerous pools in my neighborhood over the last 15 years, and the older ones are all flex everywhere, and not one has had an issue. And his reputation is excellent, I couldn't find one person saying anything bad. I'm sure it's all good.

Here's a gallery of the project. Can't wait for it to be done in the spring...

24x40 Install Project

One thing I wish I could figure out is the exact water volume of the pool. I cant' find that spec anywhere. It took 3 trucks of water (24,000 gallons, plus I had to run the hose to top it off for about 6 hrs. All calculators online don't account for this style pool

How pretty! What fun you will have. I have no idea how to help you figure out your size/gallons. I am sure someone will be along to help you get in the ballpark.

I would worry about all of that dirt by the pool for any length of time. I just KNOW some one/thing would bring in the dirt to the pool at my house!

This is going to fun to watch as you get it done in the spring!

Thanks for all of the pics@

Kim

The cover will be on soon, and no one is really going around the pool any more. Just me, as I keep the water chemistry right before we close.

Doobs, The Pool Doctor out of Hampstead, NH. I have been very happy with him. He's pretty much all done now. He's just coming back to get it covered and winterize, and then he's going to open it in the spring.

Just one. In the deep end under the board. It's the large size Color Logic 4.0 light. It's plenty to me. Lights the pool up gorgous. I never took a picture before the cover went on but I wish I had. Of course the shallow end is a bit dimmer since the light hits the slope, but it's still lit up well, and even the water on the top step was lit. To me, it's great. Every additional hole in the liner to me is a risk area...YMMV though.

So things are getting going again. Looking forward t getting this finished. The patio we decided on is about a 1400' sq ft paver patio. Rinox Palazzo is the stone, with 12", 9" and 6" squares mixed in. Coping is Rinox Spherik.

http://www.rinox.ca/en/products/landscaping/pavers/palazzo#content
http://www.rinox.ca/en/products/landscaping/borders/spherik#content

Patio will be started the week of 4/21. Between the coping, patio, fencing and landscaping, the contractor is estimating about 2-2.5 weeks till finished. Pool will be opened early, so it's running when they do their work to help filter things.

You can also dial the size in in reverse. Add a known amount of bleach and see how much the CC goes up by after 30 minutes with the pump running. Then use Pool Math to calculate. That should be pretty accurate for chemical purposes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.