Need advice on fixing piping leak

dshuster

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Hunt Valley, MD
Now that the pool is closed and drained to closing level, I can fix the leak in my pipes. I was wondering if someone can give advice on the best way to fix the problem and what parts I need based on the photo's attached. The leak is on photo leak.jpg marked with a red circle

A couple of questions:
1)Can I heat the pipe somehow and reprime it?

Questions based on if I cannot reprime the pipe:
2)The portion of the pipe that is leaking goes to my polaris 380 pump. The piping looks like it has a v-shaped trap like a sink. Does it need to have that when I replace it?

3)Based on photo big picture,jpg and leak2.jpg, pool equipment area 1 where the leak is goes to pool equipment area 2 and then it splits between floor and side returns. Would you install shutoff valves in leak2.jpg photos on areas marked with red circles?

4)I am not sure about the names of all the piping parts. Could someone tell me what piping parts would I need to buy?

Thanks
-Dimitry

Attachments

• leak.jpg
    leak.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 90
  • leak2.jpg
    leak2.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Big Picture.jpg
    Big Picture.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 90
According to your pictures you have three leaks I would cut out all of the plumbing from the ground to the Jandy valve and re plumb. You will need 4 couplings, 2 elbows, 1 tee, 1 reducer, some pipe and glue. No you don't need shut off valves

I think I was unclear but the leak was only in photo leak.jpg. I redid the plumbing as photo attached (plumbing fixed.jpg). In the beginning of the September, I had a company come out and close the pool and blow out the lines. When I cut the pipes to put in the plumbing I noticed standing water in the pipes right under the red shut-off valves that I attached. The water was about 4-5" inches down. Is this something I should be concerned about or is normal because I live in a potential area where it might freeze (Maryland)?

Thanks
-Dimitry

Attachments

• Plumbing fixed.jpg
    Plumbing fixed.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 46
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.