New pool in South Carolina

felmel

Oct 3, 2013
New pool installation September 2013 in central South Carolina. Slide to be installed later in the month. I was left with a can of sticks for checking the pool and told to bring in a sample of water every week. Obviously I need to buy something better. Not sure what we are doing with landscaping. Moved some pavers and an existing swing to the short end so I can watch the kids. At this time landscaping will be DIY over time. We have 10 kids (6 adopted) and 2 foster kids (only 7 kids still at home).

Reading this site has made me feel quite overwhelmed! I have a lot of learning to do very quickly and very little free time to do so.

Get yourself a good test kit. TF-100 with XL option. "Get the salt test strips and then read, read, read. I will be the best money you will ever spend and save a TON on chemicals. PS-Get the speed stir...will save tons of time and get exact, repeatable results. Have fun with it. Good Luck!!
Sami

Welcome to TFP. :wave:

The best two things you can do are to arm yourself with a basic understanding of pool treatment and get yourself a good test kit. We are all about understanding what we do to our pools and why. It can seem overwhelming at first, but it really isn't difficult at all. Start with little bites at a time and build up your knowledge. No one was born knowing this stuff, but learning and understanding what you need to maintain your own pool is simpler than you might think. There is a lot to read, but just start with the ABC's and work it from there. If you can handle all those kids, a pool ought to be easy.

Ask questions as you need too and we can help. Enjoy the forums!

The Pool School can be overwhelming, no doubt. But we teach a method that requires some basic knowledge of Pool Water chemistry so my suggestion is to start with "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.