ph, ORP sensors

Oct 8, 2013
Hi folks,

I'm embarking on a control system project like many others here on TFP. As I plan for this project I need to determine the control hardware and sensors to use. The choice of H/W seems pretty straightforward (eg: arduino, pi etc) but the choice of sensors isn't straightforward (at least to me). I'd like to learn what sensors are being used by others and if possible, their reliability and stability. Price will also be key :)

If there is a great reference located somewhere .. please point me in the right direction.

Thanks for your time - Garry

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I do not know much about the various types sensors, but repeatedly we have seen on the forum that ORP sensors for chlorine control just do not work very well for outdoors pools with higher CYA levels. They may work "better" for indoor pools where the CYA can be kept lower and thus have less interference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.