Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Light Lens Orientation

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Light Lens Orientation

My pool just received a new liner and the liner guy disassembled my pool light during the install. When he removed the lens from the light, he did not line it back up the way I had it. My question is:

On a Hayward Astrolite, does it matter which way you turn the lens so that the light reflects in the pool correctly? I had it to where the wording is readable when you are facing the light in the pool, he reinstalled it on a 45 degree angle. Not trying to be OCD here, but I just installed a new light and gasket and I can correct it rather quickly if necessary.

27K Vinyl IG Pool
    18x36, Aquarite with Goldline T-15 SWG,
    Hayward 244T Sand Filter, 1.5 HP Hayward Super Pump w/ AO Smith B129 Motor
    Taylor 2006 Test Kit
    NW Louisiana

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Tulare, CA

Re: Pool Light Lens Orientation

It does not matter witch way the lens is the light will still shine the same. If you want it the way you had it you can remove the light and set it on the pool deck to rotate the lens. If you do this I recommend you change the lens gasket to insure a good seal

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool Light Lens Orientation

The lens is usually designed to be oriented with the writing facing the correct way. The lens directs the light downward. If you look at the lens carefully, you can see that it is directional. The lens says "top" to show the correct orientation.

be sure that the lens is properly mounted utilizing its "top" marking as a reference. ... SP05xx.pdf