Mar 4, 2013
Clewiston, FL
Total Newb, our 1st pool and its new construction (Jan 2013). So far everything is running smooth. Except My husband says :blah: that i have to wait 1 hour or more :roll: between adding different chemical like M.Acid, Chlorine, Stabilizer or Phos-free. Automatic pump runs at about 8 hours and starts 11 am so that's when I add any chemicals, usually on the deep end close to the returns. So my question is...

I know not to mix them and then add :hammer: Do I have to wait :sleep: between adding chlorine, acid and if so how long? Thanks

Chlorine and acid are the only two things most of us add on a regular basis, we generally feel Phos-Free is a waste of money as it is not needed in a well balanced pool, and stabilizer generally only needs to be adjusted a couple of times per year at most, it also is very slow to dissolve and we suggest hanging it in a sock in front of a return to keep it from damaging the pool surfaces since it is very acidic.

Ike

Thank you Butterfly Issac & linen...our builder also told us not to worry about the phosphorus but went they test it at the pool supply the girl kinda scared us, she said "your pool can turn green any day" so we bought it our phos was 700 TC & FC were 5.0...the salt level was 2700 and we letting it run low to make sure that the cell was reading correctly. And if flashed yesterday so I added salt and I will be adding stabilizer (40) today.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.