Quick question about Water Features

zethacat said:
Dumb question incoming!

I've read a few times that "aerating" increases PH level. I've also read that aerating reduces the pool water temperature.

So, how do you stop the PH from increasing beyond acceptable levels and still use your water features overnight to reduce water temps?

Most of the time I guess you use more acid. You also then need to add to your TA over time. Perhaps you add Borates for a more stable pH?

i ran our waterfall fountain nearly every day for several hours to cool pool during the day when water temp would go over 86, plus for an hour or so many evenings since kids love playing in it. it went 6-8 feet high too. pH fluctuated between 7.6 and 7.8 and never went above 7.8 no matter how much I ran it. since I have a vinyl pool, I didnt do anything to lower it, just left it be since a slightly higher pH in a vinyl pool isnt that big of deal. My TA was 100 though, so that may be why my pH didnt just go nuts.

You really can't stop the pH from increasing, but you can maintain it by adding acid to lower it. Just stay on top of it and you'll be OK. You are correct about the water features doing those things.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.