Overflowing Catchment trough

Oct 8, 2013
Problem with an existing infinity pool catchment trough. Pool has been operating for 5 years without a problem. One day the catchment trough fills up and overflows. The pumps are turned off and I tried to recreate the symptoms, but all water drained to the deposit with no problem, although it did appear to be 'sucked' up rather than just by gravity. 2 days later same problem occurred - I know because I had switched off the auto-fill to the deposit and we lost about 1000L water. Tried to recreate the problem again but drained without a problem, although by 'gravity' rather than suction this time. Does this mean I have to have a reoccurring, temperamental blockage in the drain tube? Drain tube diameter 150mm or 6" - can't have can I?
Any thoughts as I am baffled?! I haven't actually seen the thing overflow either which makes me think the gremlins are out.
Thankyou - Guy

Guy,

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

I know this post is a few weeks old and no one answered it, but wanted to encourage you to continue to post and ask questions. Not every question gets an answer, but we should have at least welcomed you to the forum.

I'm very sorry I missed this the first time you posted. If you're still having problems I'd be glad to try and help. I suspect JW is right and there's a check valve not sealing off each time. It could be a bit worn or it could be a small piece of debris getting stuck in it.

If you could post a pic of the equipment that might help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.