noob question (s)

I will be closing my 18' ABG pool in the next couple of weeks and I have a few silly questions.

- I am not putting a winter cover on this year as I have no trees in my yard, and the leaves that do manage to get in the pool I can count on 1 hand. :) Is this ok?
- I was given a large truck inner tube, and want to put it in the pool over winter. how do I tether it to the pool to keep it centered? meaning where do i tie the end of the ropes to? and should it be in the pool without a cover?
- draining below the skimmer. How far below? pool store staff said 3" but I have read as much as 6" what is the correct number?

although i do not get on here much i do read alot of whats on here, and I am thrilled to have found this site as my pool is "trouble free" :wink: Thanks all

Cheers

Without a need to float the cover, I can think of no real reason for the inner tube.

If I am overlooking a reason, I would simply use concrete blocks or anything handy to center it up.

I am not a closing expert by any stretch but I would think the water level should be below ANY skimmers or any piping.

Do you plan on disconnecting/draining the pump and filter?

The water level will be below the skimmer I am just getting different numbers for how low. pool store said 3" but I have read it should be up to 6" below skimmer.

the pump will be disconnected and stored in my basment. The sand filter will be drained and covered and secured with a big tarp.

The inner tube, was a suggestion from a friend who puts one in his pool every year. I guess it does the same as the air pillow, just lasts longer :) The only difference is i will not have a cover on my pool this year. So I am guessing the inner tube is not nessecary?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.