pentair intelliflo 4 160

Sep 23, 2013
Hi,

I came across a pentair 4 160 on craigslist for $350 and am seriously thinking about picking it up. the guys selling it said it only had 1 year of "Lite" use before he took it out. currently i have a hayward RS1500 I could probably squeeze another few years out of it. but im thinking the electricity savings would cover the $350 by then, not to mention the hayward pump is a little bit loud, and i suspect it to be on its last leg.

I have been researching the pentair, it seems to get good reviews and they are going for about $1000 so i feel the $350 is a smokin deal!! I plan on installing myself so am researching that as well.

So my question is: Is there anything i should pay specific attention to when i check out the pump, i doubt ill be able to hook it up before i buy so just a visual inspection. Anything else I need to consider before deciding to swap out pumps.

Thanks!!

Chris

The only issue with the 4x160 is that it doesn't have a timer so if you want to change speeds automatically, you will need a compatible controller or the interface unit that is sold separately. Otherwise, you will have to change speeds manually.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.