Closing in-ground pool in 2nd home?

Oct 7, 2013
Split from Closing in-ground pool in Florida?. - BoDarville, TFP Moderator

I have a screened, in ground pool at my second home which I only get to every 6 weeks so I cannot care for it myself. It's in a remote area where pool cleaning companies don't want to service unless I pay them quite a bit of money and the pool pump increases my electric bill considerably. I rarely go in pool so would like to close it up without damaging it. Any suggestions?

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Judging from the forum where you initially posted this question, I would **think** you are located in Florida, but do not want to blindly assume that. Please add the state and nearest city in which you live to your profile. Don’t need specific town, nearest major city is fine. Even within Florida, the advice given for a pool in Miami is likely to be different than a pool located in Milton. Also would suggest adding information about your pool and related equipment in your signature. By doing this, it will automatically appear in all your posts so you do not have to re-enter it each time. If you have a SWG, please include those letters in your signature so it stands out as the advice for SWG vs. non-SWG is often different. Here's how to do this: Adding location to your profile and pool info to your signature.

One blanket statement is that the use of an opaque cover will eliminate chlorine loss to sunlight. Give us a bit more information on location and pool and we will go from there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.