Hayward variable flow pump program problem

Wildcat

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 30, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Anyone else have this issue? Set up 5 programs over a 24 hour period. High speed for skimmer and pop ups, low speed to save energy and for enhanced filtering. Set the schedule to coincide with our peak hour rate plan.

The first day everything ran fine, all day. But overnight Timer 2 started up and was overriding the schedule I had set up. Shut the system down and dealt with it when I got home today. Timer 2 program still showed its late morning to early afternoon slot, but the darn thing was running at 6:00 PM and slated to run until 11:00 AM the next day. Rechecked the Timer 2 setting and it showed the morning slot. Finally I disabled Timer 2 and set up Timer 6 to the same slot. Finally I gained control and it seems OK. But why is Timer 2 out of whack?

Bama Rambler said:
Have you called Hayward?

Does it run at the same time each day, just offset from the programmed time?
Yes, same time, just the same random time each day, not at the time programmed. My workaround was to just not use timer #2. More a curiosity than a problem as there are 8 timers. I just hope th disease does't spread!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.