Jul 31, 2013
NW Louisiana
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Okay so I notice a much louder noise in my back yard and walk around the corner to hear that it is my pump. I can hear the bearing squeak at certain times and the motor itself has a noticeable increase in noise. The original pump was a hayward and was replaced with Century Centurion (A.O.SMITH). The pump appears to be about 3 years old and is a 1.5HP pump.

I'm looking to see what I need to do as I'm not sure I can continue to run it (without damage to other equipment) or stop to repair\replace it. I just replaced my liner last week so it's been a pretty expensive month for a pool that is hardly getting used at the moment.

Looking for recommendations on how to proceed to address my latest adventure.

Thanks

Is it going to hurt to run it until I can get the bearing in? It just happened last night. It's priming (no bubbles) good and pumping water with no visible issues.

additionally, is that website a reputable place to purchase the kits (assuming I need the bearings and shafts).

Thanks

okay, I bought a kit from an online retailer that also comes with the shaft seal. I hope that's all I need and that my pump holds up until it gets here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.