intex debris cover OR a tarp with bungees/milk bottles

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
Hi all - Here is my problem/question.

I used the intex debris cover that came with the pool for my 15 foot above ground with SWG. It has probably 10-15 quarter-sized holes throughout the cover. The good part was it kept leaves out but the bad part was it would allow in the dirty rain water into the pool.

So I bought a tarp and used bungees/milk bottles to weigh it down. However with a really bad rain storm the water just pooled in the middle of the tarp and weighed down the sides of the pool.

I'm leaning toward going back to the debris cover. My question is it bad for the pool for dirty rain water to go in? If it was the summer it'd be no big deal because I could shock it and run the pump. But in the winter I'm not going to do that.

Or should I use the tarp and buy an air pillow? But I've read bad reviews on those that they don't work and they pop even when inflated at 75%

Thanks TFP members for your answers

I would stick with the original cover. If the debris gets in the pool you would just wait until spring to clean it up. You could lay a second top over the intex cover and remove it when all the leaves have dropped.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.