Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ultra Armor Maxx Mesh Winter Cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Ultra Armor Maxx Mesh Winter Cover

Just ordered this cover for our 24' AG pool, has anyone used this brand and if so, give me your feedback on it. THX
    AG 24' ( Columbia PL30-6 sand filter), 2hp 2 sp pump, cholorine, Tennessee
    Taylor k- 2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ultra Armor Maxx Mesh Winter Cover

Sorry I can't, but perhaps a bump will get some attention from someone who has.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Brushpup
    Sorry I can't, but perhaps a bump will get some attention from someone who has.

Thank you.
    AG 24' ( Columbia PL30-6 sand filter), 2hp 2 sp pump, cholorine, Tennessee
    Taylor k- 2006 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi, we just put this cover on our AGP the end of September for the first time. It sure blows up easy in the wind but no damage to the cover or pool....not sure if a solid cover would be any different though. This is our first winter with a pool. Oh and we don't have a deck around it yet.
    It's been easy to strain any leaves out with net. We didn't use a pillow with it. I added some spring clamps all around the outside to try and help with windy days but not convinced it has helped at all.
    So far so good. It's nice and lightweight and easy to put on. Will be easy to store.
    27' x 54" AG Morada RTR/19,300 gal/ 1hp-2spd Hayward Power-Flo Matrix/Hayward 256T sand filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by maieranne View Post
    Hi, we just put this cover on our AGP the end of September for the first time. It sure blows up easy in the wind but no damage to the cover or pool....not sure if a solid cover would be any different though. This is our first winter with a pool. Oh and we don't have a deck around it yet.
    It's been easy to strain any leaves out with net. We didn't use a pillow with it. I added some spring clamps all around the outside to try and help with windy days but not convinced it has helped at all.
    So far so good. It's nice and lightweight and easy to put on. Will be easy to store.
    Are you saying that the wind does not just blow through it so that it stays laying flat? I was thinking about trying a mesh cover instead of just the leaf net like we usually do, but if the wind doesn't blow through, and blows it up like a mushroom as a normal winter cover does, it will not work for me.

Thanks for input!
    21x41x54" AG Artesian Seville II
    Installed around 2004 - we moved here in 2008
    23,000 gal
    Hayward SwimPro 256T Sand Filter
    1HP 2speed Hayward Power Flo Matrix
    (and have 2HP Hayward Swimpro and a 2hp 2speed Waterway Hi-Flo pump as back up also!! lol)
    No heating - other than Solar SunRings
    Central IL