Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: which seal kit for hayward RS1500?

1. Back To Top    #1

which seal kit for hayward RS1500?

So, I have a little leak on the pump side of my motor mounting plate. I figure i better get it fixed before the problem multiplies... I cant seem to find much info on the hayward RS1500 pump. I found a .pdf schematic and tried to cross reference some of the parts on it to the part numbers in the go kits. From what i can tell i need the GO-KIT3 can anyone confirm? I found this kit for like $21 shipped. Is that an OK price? if not where is a good place to buy pool parts?

Thanks
    ~25k gallon IG plaster, Hayward RS1500 pump, Tagelus 60D sand filter, Taylor 2006 Test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: which seal kit for hayward RS1500?

The RS line of Hayward pumps I think are only sold by Leslie's pools. Effectively it is the same as the the Super pump line, but I am not sure if all the seals are the identical. Certainly Leslie's should have what you need, not sure the price, but might be worth a recon mission
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

The parts match the Hayward Super II. That would match the Go Kit 2.

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Aladdin- ... KIT2-9.htm

http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/Parts%2 ... per-II.pdf
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys,
    I'll start with a go kit 2. If the seals don't match up I may have to head over to Leslie's

~25k gallon IG plaster, Hayward RS1500 pump, Tagelus 60D sand filter, Taylor 2006 Test kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

All of the part numbers are the same, so it should work. There is a part listed as "Support Base O-Ring", which I think is the lid gasket. I don't know why they call it a "Support Base O-Ring". Perhaps it's the same gasket as used in another piece of equipment, and that is what it is called for that piece of equipment.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks everyone!!

I ordered the Go-kit2 yesterday, probably get around to installing it this weekend. Ill report back when i install.

Thanks

7. Back To Top    #7

Go kit 2 worked great. All seals fit perfectly.

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the update.
    Support the site