Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: which seal kit for hayward RS1500?

1. Back To Top    #1

which seal kit for hayward RS1500?

So, I have a little leak on the pump side of my motor mounting plate. I figure i better get it fixed before the problem multiplies... I cant seem to find much info on the hayward RS1500 pump. I found a .pdf schematic and tried to cross reference some of the parts on it to the part numbers in the go kits. From what i can tell i need the GO-KIT3 can anyone confirm? I found this kit for like $21 shipped. Is that an OK price? if not where is a good place to buy pool parts?

Thanks
    ~25k gallon IG plaster, Hayward RS1500 pump, Tagelus 60D sand filter, Taylor 2006 Test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: which seal kit for hayward RS1500?

The RS line of Hayward pumps I think are only sold by Leslie's pools. Effectively it is the same as the the Super pump line, but I am not sure if all the seals are the identical. Certainly Leslie's should have what you need, not sure the price, but might be worth a recon mission
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys,
    I'll start with a go kit 2. If the seals don't match up I may have to head over to Leslie's

~25k gallon IG plaster, Hayward RS1500 pump, Tagelus 60D sand filter, Taylor 2006 Test kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

All of the part numbers are the same, so it should work. There is a part listed as "Support Base O-Ring", which I think is the lid gasket. I don't know why they call it a "Support Base O-Ring". Perhaps it's the same gasket as used in another piece of equipment, and that is what it is called for that piece of equipment.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks everyone!!

I ordered the Go-kit2 yesterday, probably get around to installing it this weekend. Ill report back when i install.

Thanks

7. Back To Top    #7

Go kit 2 worked great. All seals fit perfectly.

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the update.