Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa electrical problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa electrical problem

Our sundance 850 altimar has been wonderful for 10+ yrs. yesterday our lights flickered in the house like a power surge/outage and this morning the spa was dead- breakers reset ...nothing? What should I check.... Circuit board or power supply? Both are pricy.
    Southern Oregon
    14,000 IG
    F-glass kidney
    Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit (and I USE it!)

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Spa electrical problem

Look for burn marks on the circuit board. That's what it probably is. We just had a customer experience the exact same thing.
    24' round above ground, 13500 gallons, vinyl liner, 18" Sand Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Do you own a non contact voltage tester? If Yes the first thing I will check if you receive a power to the hot tub. Next check a small fuse in the control box. Might be burned out (check the image I have attached. I marked a fuse using red rectangle)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

4. Back To Top    #4

well good news. I looked at the board/fuses-nothing burned up. Then I cycled the main circuit breaker back on to try my noncontact voltage tester everything started up just fine. Thanks for everyone help!
    Southern Oregon
    14,000 IG
    F-glass kidney
    Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit (and I USE it!)