Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any issues closing a pool too soon?

1. Back To Top    #1

Hudson Ohio

Any issues closing a pool too soon?

We closed our pool last weekend-following all the directions per pool school. Brought the pool up to the appropriate shock level. Put the winter cover and leaf net on. Much to my delight-and dismay, temperatures soared into the 80's this last week. Closing instruction state that the pool temp should be 60 degrees or below.
    My husband disconnected the pump and heater , storing it in the garage for the winter. Will this be a concern with the temperature of the pool being above 60 degrees?
    18 x 54 Sharkline Matrix pool. 7800 gallons.
    Pentair Optiflo 1 1/2 HP 2 speed pump
    Pentair Clean and Clear 150 Sq Ft cartridge filter
    Hayward H100ID Heater. Purchased all from Poolsupplyworld. TF-100 TEST KIT

2. Back To Top    #2
    Elverson Pa.

Re: Any issues closing a pool too soon?

I think you should be ok. What was the water temp ?

Try to open as soon as you can. The colder the water temp when you open the better.
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Flower Mound, TX

Re: Any issues closing a pool too soon?

There is always the possibility of opening to a green pool. As pwrstrk mentioned though, opening earlier with cooler water will likely benefit you. And if it is green, that is easy enough to deal with since you have the right kit and you're on the right website to get the help you might need.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT