Question about FAS-DPD powder in the TF100 Kit

Mar 17, 2010
Spring, TX
This has been bothering me for some time. When I get the powder part of the test at the beginning it is in the form of a fine powder. Overtime, maybe a few weeks at max it starts to bond together and form small little pebbles of the powder. I shake the container but the little pebbles do not seem to want to break apart. I try to use the scoop to break it apart and that does not seem to work. I feel as if when I am doing testing and there are several pebbles in the water instead of the fine powder how it starts my test results are not as accurate.

I do keep my test kit out of sunlight in my laundry room inside a cabinet. It does not get hot in there so wondering why this is happening and how I can prevent it from happening?

Thanks in advance

jblizzle said:
The clumping is common and no big deal. Just grind the powder back up a little bit before you use it.

What is the best way to do this? I have tried shaking the container, I have tried spinning it around with the school and nothing seems to break it up. I tried pushing it with my fingers and that didnt seem to do the trick either.

Also I noticed that when I get it, the powder is white, but when it starts to clump it seems to have a purple tint to it.

The color change is also no big deal. I have never dealt with bad clumping. Try to just crush it with something in the little container.

Sounds like it may have gotten a little wet?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.