Pentair MasterTemp 400 won't shut off

dcyrus

Oct 5, 2013
I turned on my pool heater today to heat up the pool and when I went to shut it off it would't. None of the buttons are functioning but the heater is still working. The LED is still functioning as the temp shows and changes as the pool heats up. All the buttons feel fine. The only way it will shut off is when the pump is off. And I can't switch from pool to spa so I can't heat the spa over the temperature I set for the pool which was 80. Please help, I can't find any topics online for this.

Sounds like the keypad membrane is bad. Replace it and hopefully it will be fine. Only other part could be the control board under the keypad. You don't have the heater on a seperate breaker?

We are hoping it is just the membrane. It doesn't have a separate breaker, we think it is wired into the same breaker as the pump. The membrane was peeled up a little, my husband peeled it off and looked at the buttons, all but one seem ok but one definitely doesn't feel right. We are worried that moisture got in where the control board is but I would think that would short out the whole thing. Everything still totally functions including the LED, it is just stuck in the last setting I put it on. The heater fires, the temperature is reading accurately and the heater is shutting itself off properly when it hits the set temperature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.