Greater Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have been out of town on business so not sure if this has been going on but I peaked out my back window this morning to see that my spa level was down which is never a good sign. I went over to my pumps and my main pump was acting like it was loosing its prime....I stopped the pump and took over the lid to the pump to see some chalky water, my skimmer basket in there turned blueish green and the unit hot.....I attempted to put this lid back on but it will not line up. I took the lid off my other waterfall pump and replaced it on the main pump. Kicked unit on, it primes up but I can not get all the air out of the line...I can not tell where it is coming from as I got everythnig when repriming the DE tank.....I guess my question is this a sign of something and if so what is it? Did something in the DE tank break? It appears the lid of the pump got hot enough to lose its shape and wont go back on. Bizarre, if its not one thing its another. :x

Well just talked to my 16 yr old son apparently he emptied the skimmer basket on the pump while I was out of town and couldn't get the lid back on so I'm guessing it wasn't sealed correctly and has been sucking air since...not sure why though when I replaced lids it still wouldn't seal air tight unless he damaged the rim of the pump trying to get the lid on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.