Leak in Caretaker 99+ system

mm530

Oct 4, 2013
My pool was installed with a Caretaker system. Recently, the water level has dropped considerably. As a result, a leak company was called in to detect the leak which happens to be in one of the groups of head risers. I consider capping all these and do a complete bypass of Caretaker system. Here are my options.
1. find the leak, take out the rise, cap the hole, do a bypass of this zone
2. do the above but to the whole system, plaster the holes, and take out/bypass the whole Caretaker system

Which of the option is the best? if #2 is selected, would this work and permanently eliminate the leak issue?

My opinion, Option #2.

If you can live without your caretaker (sounds like u can) I would say total abandonment is the best option.

Whatever movement, settling or other underlying issue causing the leak is likely to happen again. The nature of the caretaker system does not really leave a good solution to get good compaction of the soil or really any other real fix, as it is under the pool.

here is the latest suggestion from one of the contractor - he would recommend the #2. In addition to the above steps, he would like to identify the reason for the leak, whether leak in the joint or the pipe (plumbing), seal with epoxy for joint leak and pour more cement further down the pipe for the latter leak. In addition, he would take out the above ground pipes leading to and leaving from the Caretaker system. it's a total abandoment.

The leak detection should have told you whether its the pipe penetration joint or the pipe itself, further more there is a good chance a true leak detection professional would not only tell you that but where exactly the leak is in the plumbing with water in the pool....

If its just the pipe penetration, that is an easy fix and a common problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.